Sunday 2 November 2014

Create a "Donation Station" to Downsize Your Clutter

Create a "Donation Station" to Downsize Your Clutter

 

We all have stuff around the house that we're not using, like clothes that no longer fit or a book you've finished reading. Create a "donation station" in your house, so even outgoing clutter has a place.
Clutter damages your checkbook and messes up your brain, so you want to prevent it. We've covered the Four Box Method for cleaning up junk, but that's for a scheduled cleanup of your home. Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie says it's better to constantly purge the clutter.
She explains:

I have my donation station in my linen closet and every day I add to it and weekly I bring the contents of it to the thrift store. Purging shouldn't be something left for a spring cleaning activity. Purging should be a regular occurrence that we utilize for DAILY clutter creep decision making.

Start small by making a decision between two things...one can stay and one can go. Which one will it be? I don't live in a cluttered home however I am so into the habit of purging that I can always find something that can go. Always.

Hit the link for other ideas to live a less cluttered life.

No comments:

Post a Comment